Re: CVS commit: wip/py-magic

                Hi Thomas, pkgsrc-wip developers,

On 12/07/2012 23:08, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 05:17:39PM +0200, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> Thanks, the proper fix was apparently to remove "application.mk" and
>> keep "extension.mk". Then I guess wip/py-djvulibre (and possibly more)
>> should be fixed as well.
>
> Actually, no. You can include both of them.

When I did (on MacOS X), the build failed, with something related to
py-setuptools not being found. This package was not installed, and
wasn't installed automatically.

Then, when reading lang/python/*.mk, I figured that extension.mk depends
on py-setuptools; strangely, I had it already included but it didn't try
to install py-setuptools. So I thought it was because application.mk was
also included (even though to me it shouldn't make a difference).

> However, the correct one here is egg.mk.

Ok, I didn't know what a Python egg was until this morning; good to know.

> I've fixed this and also improved the PLIST, which didn't use EGG_NAME
> properly.
> Take a look!

Wow, thanks a lot. It seems to work :)

>> Unfortunately I still have an issue on MacOS X (Lion) with py-magic: I
>> have bootstrapped pkgsrc for my own user (thus in ~/pkg), and py-magic
>> only looks for libmagic.dylib in /opt/local/lib or /usr/local/lib :(
>
> Hm, I use it with /usr/pkg/lib and it works, but perhaps because
> libfile is in /usr/lib anyway.

This check is specific to MacOS X, and apparently done in case ctypes
doesn't find it in the first place. There is such a test for Windows as
well, checking for magic1.dll in the current folder apparently.

Cheers,
--
khorben