Re: Import wip/send-pr to pkgsrc?

 >> From time to time I use wip/send-pr for sending PRs from Linux
 >> and it works just fine.
 >>
 >> Can anybody upload it to pkgsrc?

> What about databases/gnats, it also contains a send-pr tool?
> maybe remove send-pr from database/gnats and depend on this instead
> (and get rid of any CONFLICTs)
> but then share/gnats/dist may need to be chowned the gnats user ??
I haven't looked into it yet. But gnats is MUCH bigger than send-pr.
Installing full gnats for just sending PRs for pkgsrc seems a big
overhead to me.

> If that's not sufficient:
> There's a big TODO, and pkglint wants comments in the patches.
I've just removed most of them. Pristine upstream sources are pretty good
excluding absense of DESTDIR support and missed INSTALL_SCRIPT variable
initialization. I've fixed these problems differently without patching
sources. Now wip/send-pr is much cleaner.

I guess the original intention of Jeremy Reed was to provide
send-pr that defaults to pkgsrc/NetBSD GNATS. I've done it.
The default config is now installed to @sysconfig@/gnats/gnats-adm.
So users need not set GNATS_ROOT variable in their environment anymore.
Further review is needed. Later I'll continue working on send-pr.

] check to make sure defaults are appropriate even on NetBSD
I'm not sure I understand this correctly but now wip/send-pr works
correctly for NetBSD and pkgsrc. So, MESSAGE can be removed.

] install-sid should be installed to ${PREFIX}/sbin
It's not clear for me. What is the reason for installing install-sid to
sbin/?

] have empty GNATS_ADDR
] empty DEFAULT_RELEASE
] empty GNATS_SITE
]
] should this predefine GNATS_ROOT??
GNATS_ROOT defaults to @sysconfig@/gnats where NetBSD
config lies. So, I think "DONE" here.

] maybe provide a ${GNATS_ROOT}/gnats-adm/config file ??
Already "DONE".

] allow somethings to be set with variables
] and don't edit file after installation with install-sid
] (and make install-sid modify config file instead)
] maybe add option for PKG_SYSCONFDIR/send-pr.conf
] (be sure to submit patches back to real gnats developers.)
I think "DONE" here too. BTW, the default config file is overridable by
GNATS_ROOT environment variable.

] should MESSAGE include:
] Any users who wish to use the Emacs version of `send-pr' must place
]     the following line in their ".emacs" files:
]
]         (autoload 'send-pr "send-pr" "Submit a Problem Report." t)

I'm not sure about this. Those who use Emacs know how to use its modules.
I think MESSAGE is now obsolete and can be removed.

] should this use RMDIR for the gnats directory like it does for emacs?
] (because my mit-krb5 package provides a mit gnats categories file,
] maybe it shouldn't?)
I'm not sure what's better. MAKE_DIRS or OWN_DIRS?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.