I would like to see pkgsrc-wip community opinion on switching the
tracker from CVS to something more convenient.

I have just found OpenBSD ports wip runs on git

Well, CVS works and can work for another couple of years. But I believe
CVS may be just the most putting off issue for many new potential pkgsrc
contributors (and there is definitely a lack of them!).

Thank you,