how to limit to a certain directory only to look for includes

is there any possibility to tell pkgsrc to look to a specific directory
for includes while building a package?

When I build an app by myself, I tell configure to use
just "-I/something" and it works nice.

But when trying to port it for pkgsrc-wip, configure looks also to other
places like /usr/include which leads to name clashes and the build

I tried CONFIGURE_ARGS, but it did not help.

Thanks a lot for any clue,