Re: buildlink3 for misc/kdepim4

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:22:09PM -0500, Gary Duzan wrote:
>    I'm putting together a wip package for kmymoney3 (the KDE4 port),
> and I ran into an issue with misc/kdepim4. kmymoney is using includes
> from this package, but there is no buildlink3.mk for it. I cobbled
> together one, and it seems to get me past the build, but I wanted to
> have someone look it over before I send-pr it, so I'm attaching it
> for your review.

I don't think you need hicolor-icon-theme in their.
If you want to be extra careful, you could check, for each
buildlink3.mk you include, if:
a. any library from that package is referenced in kdepim4's .la files
b. any library from that package is linked to any kdepim4's .so files
c. any header files from that package are included in installed
   kdepim4 header files

If none of these apply, you most probably don't need to include the
buildlink3.mk.

Perhaps simpler, but iterative instead: add commented out lines for
the dependencies and check which you need to uncomment to make
kmymoney3 build.

Cheers,
 Thomas