Re: jam instead of make

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:54:19 -0600
"Larson, Timothy E." <TELarson%west.com@localhost> wrote:

> How can I tell the build stage to use jam instead of [g]make?  Is the correct
> approach to write a do-build target, or is there some special variable that I
> set?

There is no infrastructure support in place, so you'll need to build
depend on jam and write your own build target.
This should do the trick:

do-build:
        cd ${WRKSRC} && ${SETENV} ${MAKE_ENV} jam

You could create a wip/mk/jam.mk that defines common do-{build,install}
rules if ${USE_JAM} is set to "yes".

-Tobias