Re: My inexperienced enthusiasm (aka pkgsrc vs wip)

On 7/15/09 6:37 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> One of the things NetBSD probably could do better at is dealing with
> PRs.  But, in the real world, I would definitely recommend wip.  As soon
> as you put it there others can make it, and the little things can get
> straightened out.  Someday it can migrate to 'real' pkgsrc, but even if
> not it is highly useful not only to yourself but also others.  Even
> though I can commit to real pkgsrc, I put some things in wip (trac
> extensions) because I don't think the quality is up to par, but it's more
> useful than not.

Sincerest thanks for the feedback chaps... much appreciated.

Before I get too excited about getting them in, are there any comments
or suggestions on what I've done so far?  (Or should I just step up and
commit them as they stand?)

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=41036
[2] http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=41631
[3] http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=41692

I do recall finding something I wanted to change about the XCache one,
but I don't seem to be able to recall it right now.

Many thanks,

Mike.