pkglint : Redundant library found.

Hi all,

I have am currently updating the pkgsrc wip package for a project of mine: wip/edoc (http://edoc.sourceforge.net/). I am trying to understand a warning i get from pkglint:

WARN: PLIST:401: Redundant library found. The libtool library is in line 403.

It seems, that when I add .so and .a files (and associated symlinks) to the PLIST file, pkglint complains about them. Is it not necessary to add the static and dynamic library files to the PLIST file directly for a libtool library? If not why is this the case?

Also I noticed that the older package I wrote for this project (for version 0.1.0) was defining: USE_PKGLOCALEDIR=yes Now when I looked at the PLIST file, some of the locale files *.mo were being installed somewhere I didn't expect them to be and there was some kind of substitution done over the Makefile.in files to enforce this (Which caused me a whole lot of problems creating my patch files until I figured out what was going on).

Anyhow, I could find very little information with google on the USE_PKGLOCALEDIR variable and cant remember why I defined it in the first place. Can someone point me to documentation for this? I found that defining it to =no achieved what I desired (placing the locale files where i expect) but I don't fully understand the implications of doing so.

Thanks,
Brendon.