Re: GNU_CONFIGURE troubles...

On Sep 3, 2008, at 9:07 AM, OBATA Akio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 15:08:58 +0900, Fredrik Pettai
> <pettai%nordu.net@localhost> wrote:
>
>> I have troubles getting the (ENV_)PATH "right" then configuring a new
>> package.
>> During the (GNU_) configure phase, it chooses "work/.tools/bin" PATH
>> over /usr/bin or /usr/pkg/bin.
>> Example:
>>
>> checking for dirname... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/
>> dirname
>> checking for perl... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/perl
>> checking for id... /usr/pkgsrc/wip/<package>/work/.tools/bin/id
>>
>> This then ends up in some of the scripts/configuration files...which
>> is kind of unnecessary.
>>
>> What is the best practice to solve this?
>
> For example, if it is 'perl' using your package,
>
> First, set USE_TOOLS+=perl:run to runtime dependency on perl.

Yes, that was set already

> If perl is used just on runtime, you can pass perl path to configure
> script
> as ${PERL}(it point to real path), by using CONFIGURE_ENV and/or
> CONFIGURE_ARGS.
> Or you can use REPLACE_PERL to list perl scripts.

Yes, that worked fine for perl by adding:
CONFIGURE_ENV+=         PERLV_PATH=${PERL5:Q}

But I still get the unwanted path with me in to the configuration files,
because of id + dirname are found in the same "work/.tools/bin"
directory, I suppose.

Is there any good way to deal with those? Just setting:
  CONFIGURE_ENV+=                ${ID}=/usr/bin/id
works, but it's bad if I have to hardcode it...

Re.,
/P