Compiler optimization in packages and options.mk comments

Hi,

it's about the gmp-ecm package. It really depends  a lot on
optimization. The can be (de)activated via ./configure.

Currently there are two optimizations.
One is for Opteron CPUs and the other for SSE2.

./configure --help says that it will use SSE2 on Pentium4 per
default. Does this work with pkgsrc? But what happens on bulk
builds?

Is there something like a variable to enable this options on
SSE2-supporting systems or Opterons?

I haven't been able to to find out how to add comments to the
options. Something like:
curl- Enable curl support.
idea- Enable support for the IDEA cryptographic algorithm
(possible license+patent problems).
ldap- Enable LDAP support.

in security/gnupg.

I couldn't find the answers in the pkgsrc documentation or by
looking for them in other packages. Are these things documented
somewhere?

Christian