Re: CVS commit: wip/firefox

> > Thanks. Before I try, do you know if the cairo update is backwards
> > compatible?
>
> I think so. My old firefox did start up after updating
> the cairo library, but that's the only testing I did.
> Since then, I've run a pkg_rolling-replace -s so everything is
> now relinked.

Thanks. My old firefox works with newer cairo too.

> Note that it introduces a pixman dependency, so you might
> need to copy the buildlink3.mk for cairo from wip to graphics.
>
> (And I am still not sure how the API and ABI depends lines should be
> updated, so I left that out.)

Just have to bump API to at least this version if it has new dependency.
(Since we don't have any other way to reflect it.)

For firefox had these problems:

===> Patching for firefox-3.0b4
=> Applying pkgsrc patches for firefox-3.0b4
File to patch:
No file found--skip this patch? [n] y
1 out of 1 hunks ignored
Patch /usr/pkgsrc/wip/firefox/../../wip/firefox/patches/patch-wip-ac failed
File to patch:
1 out of 1 hunks ignored
Patch /usr/pkgsrc/wip/firefox/../../wip/firefox/patches/patch-wip-ad failed

You patched Makefiles that don't exist. Maybe patch the Makefile.in files
instead?

  Jeremy C. Reed