Re: copying a bunch of files !

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Francisco Valladolid wrote:

> I'm working with a Makefile for a package, it contain a bunch of files, that
> requiere copying to /usr/pkg/share/examples/package_name per example.
>
> I have various directories inside my work package. Single files work fine,
> directories do not.
>
> How can do it ?

I think I have seen pkgsrc do this in do-install or post-install targets
using cp -R, cpio, and pax.

Look at pkgsrc/games/xtux/Makefile and misc/rox-memo/Makefile for pax
examples.

pkgsrc/graphics/ruby-gd/Makefile has a cp -R example.

pkgsrc also has examples of using tar to install files.

  Jeremy C. Reed