Re: wip/foo2zjs: license concerns

So if I follow correctly:

  the package itself really is GPL

  when you run a script (by hand?), it fetches firmware files with
  non-free licenses, and does so in a way that appears to violate
  copyright law.  (this would be an interesting fair use case, maybe,
  but I'm not going there in discussing LICENSE)

If running the script is automatic, or more or less necessary for some
printers, then it seems this needs a LICENSE tag, if we follow the
spirit of LICENSE=.  I see two paths forward:

1) set LICENSE=generic-nonlicense, and put in a comment explaining that
source is gpl2 and that a script fetches files for which generally there
is no permission to copy

2) split the package into base and the script, and only do 1 for the
script split package.  This lets people whose devices don't need to
upload firmware avoid LICENSE annoyance.

Thanks for the warning not to buy a printer like this :-)