Re: Problem locating libpython

Greg Troxel wrote:
>   .include "../../lang/python24/buildlink3.mk"
>

> Look at other python modules.  Probably you want
> ../../lang/python/application.mk or ../../lang/pythong/extension.mk

It seems that the buildlink.mk file adds the location of the
libpython2.4.a static library in the search path before the shared
library. This showed a problem with the configure script that had never
attempted to link with the static library and thus did not include the
necessary libs on the link line for the static lib.

I.e. The two python libs are installed in:

/usr/pkg/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0
/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a

but the buildink sets LDFLAGS so that the
-L/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/config/ comes before the shared lib search path
so it always wins.

I have fixed the building with static libpython now. I have come across
another strange problem now, but i will leave that to a different thread.

Thanks,
Brendon.