Re: Removing obsolete packages

> Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> IMHO it is much better to mark such packages (and optionally
 >> prevent them from building) than to delete them.  In this case wip
 >> users (and new ones too) have a chance to easyly find them and
 >> finish the required changes.

> True.  The problem here is determining which packages are
> works-in-progress (and have some value), and which packages simply
> have no business being in wip (such as duplicates to pkgsrc,
No business in wip?  I now at least one example why duplicates appear
in wip (wip/dict-server).  It was easier for me to implement all
things I needed myself than waiting for months while pkgsrc
maintainers fix it ;-)

Besides that wip is work-in-progress it also may be treated as an
alternative repository (or addon).

> software that is no longer available from the author, etc.)

> For the ones that are works-in-progress, i guess we could:

> 1) mark the packages as broken/abandoned with PKG_SKIP_REASON
This way seems reasonable for me.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.