Re: compile error with paraview

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:26:56PM -0600, Hugo Rivera wrote:
> 1) When I do it using the Makefile I created for
> pkgsrc I get the following error and the compiling
> fails:
>
> .
> .
> .
> /usr/pkgsrc/wip/paraview/work/paraview-2.4.1/Utilities/TclTk/tk8.4.5/generic/tk3d.c:1394:
> error: request for member `borderTable' in something
> not a structure or union

When you want to use the header files or libraries from another
package, you have to include the appropriate buildlink3.mk
file in the Makefile, otherwise buildlink3 will hide them from the
compiler.

This is what happens here -- you have tk-8.4.5 installed, but
did not include its buildlink3.mk file in the package's Makefile,
so the compilation fails because of a missing header file.

> 2) But when I do it manually directly in the work
> directory I get the following error (note that they
> are different):

When you go into the work directory directly, buildlink3
doesn't work (because the compiler won't be called with
the correct arguments), so you see a different problem.

> /tmp2/hugo/paraview-2.4.1-netbsd/Utilities/Xdmf/vtk/vtkXdmfRenderWindowInteractor.cxx:73:
> error: `
>    XtAppPending' undeclared (first use this function)

You'll have to find out what dependency you'll need to
add. Look for missing *.h errors in the output, then
try to find a package that contains the missing header
file and include its buildlink3.mk file, then 'make clean; make'.

Cheers,
 Thomas