PERL5* changes break nnrpd and inn1 packages See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details. Report problems to http://sf.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=200001 1.0 FORGED_RCVD_HELO Received: contains a forged HELO

Hi,

trying to fix the broken nnrpd (and inn1) package, I have reached the end
of my knowledge...

The package's Makefile has a construct like

.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
.if ( exists(${PERL5}) )
PERL_LDOPTS!=           eval "${PERL5} -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts"

# PERL5_ARCHLIB used to be set up by mk/bsd.pkg.mk; but that has gone away
# without explanation nor substitute. So if it does not exist, we set it here.
PERL5_ARCHLIB!=         eval `${PERL5} -V:installarchlib 2>/dev/null`; \
                        ${ECHO} $${installarchlib}
.endif

[...]

FILES_SUBST+=           PERL_LDOPTS="${PERL_LDOPTS}"
FILES_SUBST+=           PERL_INC="-I${PERL5_ARCHLIB}/CORE -DPERL_POLLUTE"

[...]

pre-configure:
        ${SED} ${FILES_SUBST_SED} ${FILESDIR}/config.data > \
                ${WRKSRC}/config/config.data

(thanks to Krister) which worked nicely until a few weeks ago. Then, the
definitions for PERL5_ARCHLIB went away and apparently the times changed
when ${PERL5} is actually defined. Bottom line: PERL5_ARCHLIB and
PERL_LDOPTS do not get defined any more.

Can anybody provide insight on what happened, and help me to find a workaround?

Many thanks,

        hauke

--
"The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then hire a
hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck his dog and smash his