Re: CVS commit: wip/zapping

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 04:49:12PM -0700, Thomas Klausner wrote:

Thanks for this app! Especially teletext mode, that works well
while watching tv, is pretty cool.

> TODO:
>
> Needs to be tested on hardware -- send success/failure reports
> to pkgsrc-wip-discuss@lists or thomasklausner@users.

There are two problems, that I saw, playing a little bit with it:

1) Overlay mode:
----------------
Watching TV works basically, with my Hauppauge WinTV card (bt878), but as
overlay mode does not work for me ("tv_set_overlay_buffer not
supported by driver") fullscreen mode / bigger window sizes do not look
pretty (frames do overlap).

If I, nevertheless, try to turn this mode on (i.e. CTRL-O) all channels show
black, visually. Only sound works, then. I have to then scan, again, for
all the channels in order to get frames back. The scan process is
most probably resetting the tv chip, somehow -- while the overlay option
seems to set it to a visually useless state, in case it cannot be activated.

2) Capture mode: