Subject: Re: pbulk resolving stage ALWAYS failes
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/22/2007 00:23:54
 >>  >> pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency dar-[0-9]* of
 >>  >> package sarab-0.2.2nb1
 >>
 >> > This looks like a bug in your code, works fine here.
 >> There is no MY code here. This what I downloaded from YOUR CVS ;)

> s/code/tree/. This package exists and in that location as well, unless
> it is uncommented in archivers/Makefile for some reason.
No. I have lots of local patches but neither of them concern dr

 >>  >> pbulk-resolve: No match found for dependency qca2-ossl>=2.0.0beta3
 >>  >> of package psi-0.11nb1
 >> > This I complained about already.
 >> As a pbulk maintainer you should not even be aware about this
 >> particular problem. Your pbulk should just mark this PARTICULAR
 >> package as broken with some logs from presolve.log and continue
 >> building the rest packages.

> No. I strongly disagree. That's how we ended up with a bunch of missing
> dependencies in the past and I strongly want to make sure it doesn't
> happen in again.
Ha, you "strongly diagree" as always. I knew it.
In short, you are not right. Period. And I also think about it.

The only effect you reach is that everybody using pbulk has unnecessary
sex with packages they don't need.

Finally: whatever reason for which some particular package failes to build
it should NOT lead to FAILURE ENTIRE BULK BUILD. It's absolutely obviously.

I repeat: failure of 1 of 9500 packages leads to complete fall.
What a...?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.