Subject: Re: xprompt
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Steve O'Hara-Smith <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/19/2007 13:56:43
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:35:25 -0600 (CST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > 	Is there anything similar to xprompt in pkgsrc ?
> If you need just a choice button, maybe x11/xmessage will work.

	Yep I found that but I need a text box as well as some choices.

> Or use x11/xdialog which is a X-based drop-in for curses "dialog" and
> maybe with --inputbox.

	Ah now that looks good - could get fancy and use dialog or xdialog
depending on $DISPLAY being set :) Thanks.

> By the way, do you have a URL for the official location for xprompt?

	Probably here:

	Barry Brachman who wrote it is/was at It hasn't changed
since 1996 though.