Subject: Building openoffice2 on amd64
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/16/2007 05:51:53
Having received no response to an ealier inquiry on an error in building
openoffice2 (due to a large number of symbols not being available because they
were in a 'discarded' section), I thought maybe it would work better if I used
the gcc-4.1.3 which comes with netbsd-current rather than the gcc-3.4.6 in
pkgsrc.  So I commented out the relevant lines from the Makefile.NetBSD.x86_64
and sure enough I ran into the same "bug" that is noted in that Makefile:

# Is /usr/lib/libsupc++.a broken (-current and 4.0_BETA2) ?
#  /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libsupc++.a(pure.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be
#  used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
#  /usr/lib/libsupc++.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Is there any way around this?  I'd really like to get OO working on this amd64
box.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |