Subject: qemu patches to upstream
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 12/05/2007 08:36:36
Can someone who understands the qemu patches please submit them to qemu?

I pointed the qemu developers to our pkgsrc patches, but they want to know
why.

I had noticed that qemu didn't build on Linux due to our pkgsrc changes so
I started looking at this.

(My fix was not applicable upstream since it was our own pkgsrc that broke
it. I never committed it yet since I don't why our pkgsrc patch-ag change
was done in the first place. For what it is worth, many Linux
distributions don't have "uname -p" so the pkgsrc qemu configure fails
with a unknown system.)

Or if you can document each of the 11 patches I will be glad to submit
them upstream.

It is important to get non-pkgsrc-specific patches upstream so we don't
have to continue to understand and maintain them.

  Jeremy C. Reed