Subject: Re: {pkgsrc-users} Re: Need a fix for xfixes...
To: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/19/2007 11:14:59
I had the same problem as Andy: but thought it was due to having
a crufty install.  Many X-based packages now seem to depend on
finding an x11.pc.  But there is no x11.pc provided by the native
X11 installation that comes with NetBSD.  Nor with Andy's Linux
distro, it would seem.

Perhaps the X wrappers could spoof up an x11.pc during buildlink
when X11_TYPE=native should one not be found?  (But this problem
will get worse over time since all the different modular X libraries
seem to include .pc files.)

Andy: you can safely install the X user libraries with X11_TYPE=modular
without affecting your X server/driver setup.  I'm using the modular
X libraries against an XFree86 4.5 server.

Brian.

--
  Brian de Alwis | Software Practices Lab | UBC | http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~bsd/
      "Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli