Subject: Need a fix for xfixes...
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 11/19/2007 08:13:45
$uname -a
Linux roybook 2.6.15-rc5.ydl.1 #1 Wed Jan 4 16:25:38 EST 2006 ppc ppc
ppc GNU/Linux

Hello,

I find myself unable to build various packages that depend on x11/
xcursor because that can't seem to find xfixes...

    .
    :
    checking for xfixes... Package xfixes was not found in the pkg
    -config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
    containing `xfixes.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
    variable No package 'xfixes' found
    configure: error: Library requirements (xfixes) not met;
    consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
    your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can
    find them.
    *** Error code 1
    :

...the closest thing I've found is x11/Xfixes, but that won't build
for me either...

    .
    :
    checking for fixesext >= 2.0... Package fixesext was not found in
    the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
    containing `fixesext.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
    variable No package 'fixesext' found configure: error: Library
    requirements (fixesext >= 2.0) not met; consider adjusting the
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
    nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
    *** Error code 1
    :

I have pkgsrc in /usr/pkgsrc and don't seem to have PKG_CONFIG_PATH as
an environment variable.  If this is the problem, where should I set
this and what should I set it to?

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball