Subject: Re: Several problems with Gnome 2.18/pkgsrc2007/Q3 on macppc
To: None <>
From: Frank Wille <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/31/2007 22:49:12
Just for the record, replying to myself concerning the complete lockup of
Firefox and Epiphany when started under Gnome 2.18:

I found out it has to do with dbus-launch. When running Gnome, or a
different window-manager, without it, then the browsers work flawlessly.

Because I realized that without dbus-launch the "theme" in Gnome is lost, I
experimented with different themes, and by using "Glider" instead of
"Clearlooks" I was finally successful. Firefox no longer freezes!

So changing the theme seems to be a workaround, but there is a problem
somewhere (fonts?) !

    _  Frank Wille (
 _ //
 \X/   Phx @ #AmigaGer