Subject: Re: acroread7-7.0.9nb1 using linux emul broke
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Kenneth Freidank <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/27/2007 00:09:01
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:06:58 -0500
> Kenneth Freidank <kennethcf@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas?  Where to start looking, etc...
>>

>> nv2292$ acroread
>> /usr/pkg/Acrobat7/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: symbol lookup
>> error: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.so.9: undefined symbol: _ctype_
>> nv2292$
>>

> Are you running acroread from firefox?  Do you otherwise have
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?
>

> 		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

I am not running within firefox, but from the command line, and yes,
LD_LIBRARY is set.  Linux emulation is working as I just compiled and ran:

    nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5 Use Netscape compatible plugins from other
    platforms
    ns-flash-9.0.48     MacroMedia Flash Player Netscape plugin
    civctp-demo-19991025nb1

nv2292$ env | grep LD
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib