Subject: Re: gnome-mag/2007Q3/NetBSD/i386
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Phil Nelson <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/26/2007 07:43:09

On Thursday 25 October 2007 1:50:18 pm Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Also libXdamage/ and libXfixes/ files can be created=
> that will create the missing pkgconfig files if needed. It is very=20
> complicated. Some examples are x11/Xrender/ and=20
> x11/xextproto/

So I can make and install libXdamage but "pkg-config --cflags xdamage"
reports that it is missing the dependency of xproto.  So I can go and
make and install that and then "pkg-config --cflags xdamage" says it
is missing the package "x11" which looks like these need xorg stuff.

Isn't there a package for x11native that installs a "x11" pkg-config config=
so  packages requiring "x11" get that satisfied by a native X?  This sounds
like this should be a much bigger problem than just for gnome-mag!

Phil Nelson (phil at
NetBSD:  Coda:

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)