Subject: Re: gnome-mag/2007Q3/NetBSD/i386
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/25/2007 15:50:18
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Phil Nelson wrote:

>     I've been trying to compile meta-pkgs/gnome compiled on 2007Q3 and
> I've continually had gnome-mag blow up in the configure script reporting:
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for XEXTENSIONS... gnome-config: not found
> configure: error: Package requirements (xfixes xdamage) were not met:
>
> No package 'xdamage' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> I've tried installing x11/libXdamage before building and I still get the same
> problem.   I'm using X11_TYPE=native on a NetBSD-4.0RC1/i386 system.
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong?

Missing pkgconfig files.

Does NetBSD's native X11 provide xdamage.pc and xfixes.pc pkgconfig files?
If yes, then the x11-links package needs to be fixed to add (symlink)
them.

Also libXdamage/builtin.mk and libXfixes/builtin.mk files can be created
that will create the missing pkgconfig files if needed. It is very
complicated. Some examples are x11/Xrender/builtin.mk and
x11/xextproto/builtin.mk.

Another alternative is to define XEXTENSIONS_CFLAGS in CONFIGURE_ENV to
bypass the pkgconfig checks.

  Jeremy C. Reed