Subject: Re: testers wanted for nagios plugins
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/15/2007 09:59:57
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 01:30:19AM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an update to version 1.4.10 ready for net/nagios-plugin*, see
>   http://www.NetBSD.org/~heinz/nagios-plugin.tar.gz
>
> People willing to test the plugins are most welcome, especially tests of
> the check_disk plugin on the following platforms:
>
>   - NetBSD >= 3 (with statvfs()), NetBSD < 3 (without statvfs())
>   - Darwin
>   - OSF/1
>   - Dragonfly or FreeBSD/OpenBSD
>
> Those platforms might be affected by the removal of patch-ak for file
> mountlist.c.

I've already been running the new Nagios plugins for a while  (on NetBSD 3.0
and 3.1 systems), and they seem to work fine.  I was planning to commit this
in a few days. :-)

As for Nagios itself, I updated the package to 2.9 (without committing), but
there is a pthread bug since 2.7 which is caught by our libpthread and makes
nagios abort unless setting PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=A (it went unnoticed on Linux
as usual).   I've reported this to the Nagios developers and they're looking
into it.

	Geert