Subject: Re: Testers for wip/skype wanted
To: Roland Illig <>
From: Shigeki UNO <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/13/2007 05:30:53
Mine isn't a success story but just a report, unfortunately.

When I tried calling from contact lists, skype always says
"Call Failed:Problem with Audio Playback" with both wip/skype and

I can't use skype on NetBSD(3.1.0_PATCH).

Does anyone use skype nicely under NetBSD like on Windows?
I've never heard that anyone can use it on NetBSD  without any problems.

2007/10/12, Roland Illig <>:
> Hello,
> a new version of skype has been released, this time with OSS support,
> which should greatly benefit NetBSD. However, when I tried using it (on
> NetBSD-4.99.30), it crashed with the following message:
>          terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'
> Now I want to know if others have more success than I do. If you have,
> please tell me.
> Roland

Shigeki UNO