Subject: Re: Testers for wip/skype wanted
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/12/2007 15:26:45
On 12/10/2007, Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a new version of skype has been released, this time with OSS support,
> which should greatly benefit NetBSD. However, when I tried using it (on
> NetBSD-4.99.30), it crashed with the following message:
>
>          terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RtError'

I have it running on 4.99.32, but I can't get the mike to work - when
I try to dial out,  it complains that it cannot open the recording
device. The setup does not allow me to change the device from /dev/dsp
(which is not present on NetBSD); the sound output works; I could not
also get it to do the search for skype users - the search window stays
empty forever, never coming back; otherwise it logs me OK and
recognises my contacts and if they are online. I only had to install
suse100_libsigc++2 to get it working in the first place, the rest was
OK. This is the static version with oss of course, not the ALSA
version.

> Now I want to know if others have more success than I do. If you have,
> please tell me.
>
> Roland

Chavdar Ivanov