Subject: Re: pkg_chk fails w/ readonly pkgsrc tree
To: Louis Guillaume <>
From: Daniel Horecki <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/12/2007 10:14:59
2007/10/12, Louis Guillaume <>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to update to pkgsrc-2007Q3 using pkg_comp. In mk.conf, I've
> put the following in mk.conf...
> PKGCHK_CONF=/etc/pkgchk.conf
> ... as the only pkg_chk related option. Here's the command line and how
> it fails...
> # pkg_chk -sukav
> [...]
> [...]
> /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_chk: line 853:
> /usr/pkgsrc/ Permission denied
           Pathname to temporary list of installed packages used when updat-
           ing.  If not set in environment then read from /etc/mk.conf.
           Defaults to ${PKGSRCDIR}/pkgchk_update-$(hostname).conf.  Note, if
           pkgsrc is being shared across multiple machines which may be updat-
           ing at the same time then it is important this file does not over-
           lap between machines.

Try to set it outside of pkgsrc.

Daniel 'Shinden' Horecki