Subject: do we need to check for text files in (was Re: Linux: gtk2+ faild too)
To: None <>
From: Klaus Heinz <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 10/04/2007 21:02:59
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> In that case trace down all *-config binaries in the system and except
> them from the check. Just because some systems always seem to manage to
> get a broken file doesn't mean that the check is useless.

Where come *-config binaries into play here? Am I missing something or
do we talk about different things?

The check I am talking about is _SUBST_IS_TEXT_FILE in mk/
Why do we need to check for the "text" property of a file if we
explicitly specify the files where substitutions ought to be done? The
simple solution: do not list files in SUBST_FILES.* which are not text

In the case at hand, x11/gtk2, why do you need to check whether
gdk-pixbuf/ is a text file?