Subject: Trying to install net-snmp during freeradius install
To: None <>
From: Frank DeChellis <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/28/2007 22:30:43

We are using kernel 1.6.2 stable and pkgsrc date pkg_install-20070916.

When I try to install /net/net-snmp is tells me:

make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/net-snmp
WARNING: *** Please consider adding c++ to USE_LANGUAGES in the package
WARNING: *** Please consider adding fortran to USE_LANGUAGES in the package
*** Error code 1

But in the Makefile I have the following lines trying to get around this:

USE_LANGUAGES=          c++
USE_LANGUAGES+=         fortran
USE_LANGUAGES+=         c

Should I be doing something else?  The remedy sounded so simple I'm afraid
to make this more complicated than it might actually be.

Frank DeChellis
President, Internet Access Worldwide
Welland, Ontario, Canada