Subject: Bochs debug SOLVED(?) was :Bochs debugging
To: None <>
From: Michael Kell Jensen <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/27/2007 18:53:00
Michael Kell Jensen wrote:
> Hi
> Ive installed bochs from pkgsrc.
> with options in /etc/mk.conf
> PKG_OPTIONS.bochs+=debug
> However unlike in cygwin on a windows machine,i do not get into the
> debugger.
> maybe this line from the pkgsrc install has something to do with it.
> -----
> for i in bochsdbg; do if test -f $i; then install $i /usr/pkg/bin; else
> install ./$i /usr/pkg/bin; fi; done
> install: ./bochsdbg: stat: No such file or directory
> gmake: [install_bin] Error 1 (ignored)
> ------
> Seems the executable file for the debugger is missing or something?
> this is the pkgsrc 2002Q2 on NetBSD 3.1
> Any other info needed ?
> Cognacc

In the makefile in /usr/pkgsrc/emulators/bochs/

We have this:
.if !empty(PKG_OPTIONS:Mdebug)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-debugger
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-disasm
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-iodebug
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-x86-debugger

Ive been  told that --enable-debugger and --enable-x86-debugger
are mutually exclusive. Dont know the degree of coorectness.

But i solved the problem by commenting the line.
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=       --enable-x86-debugger

After that i enter the debugger when running an image.
I must admit that i don't really know anything else about what is happening.
Is it correct?, is the last one choosen, or no one etc.

Regards Michael