Subject: Re: Re: Re: qemu, bridge and wireless
To: Quentin Garnier <>
From: Joel CARNAT <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/22/2007 19:29:40

On Sat, Sep 22 2007 - 18:43, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > >=20
> > > You can't bridge a wpi.  I don't think you can bridge with any of
> > > NetBSD's wireless drivers:  not only you need a card that supports
> > > having as many associations to the AP as required, but of course you
> > > need the software support.
> > >=20
> >=20
> > OK... and would it make sense to have all qemu interfaces in bridge0 and
> > do some NAT between wpi0 and bridge0 ?
> Sure.  You affect an IP address to one of the tap interface and you make
> it the default route for the VMs.

I'll do that then.

> > The thing is, my laptop's wired NIC is not recognised (yet) by NetBSD so
> > wpi0 is my only way out to the Internet :-)
> What kind of device is it?  It's probably not to hard to add support for
> it.

Broadcom BCM5906M NetLink Fast Ethernet (ethernet network, revision 0x02) a=
t pci4 dev 0 function 0 not configured

Or maybe the device in just not in GENERIC ?
I'm using -rjmcneill-pm because it include support for my vga card (and
not GENERIC yet, AFAIK).

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)