Subject: Re: zsh-current update long overdue
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@gmail.com>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/20/2007 11:28:30
On Sep 20, 2007, at 01:38, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for your patch.  It seems to work with a slight fix (don't do
> install -s for scripts).

   Excellent.  Thank you.  I had been fixing that by chmod -x'ing
those script files, but not using install -s would work too, as long
as you don't then stop stripping other things.  :-)  Thanks for
getting that in in the "right" way.

> One point - could you explain what patch-ae tries to fix?

   Sadly, no.  I just modified it because it needed to be modified.
The patch pre-existed, but wouldn't apply without my change.  I
decided against trying to figure out whether it was even needed,
because I assumed someone else may've had a reason I wasn't aware of
for it.  I guess I found that what it was looking for may not've been
in config.status anymore.  I may well have been wrong.  Sadly, I made
this change to [one of] my local tree[s] many months ago, and don't
really remember the process.  :-)

   Any record of who put patch-ae in there in the first place?
Probably just copied from the one in shells/zsh/patches.

   Thanks!  I appreciate all of the help.

                     - Chris