Subject: Re: Pkgs checking for IPv6 .. (and getting it wrong)
To: Martin S. Weber <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/12/2007 22:02:44
On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 06:06:47PM +0200, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> I'm having a 4.0 RC 1 (and a -current 4.99.31) without IPv6
> support, i.e. built with -V MKINET6=no (

I consider that a bad idea.

I would recomment to build a kernel without "options INET6" and leave
the rest of the system yet.

> Is this correct for them to do so?

Yes, it is.

> Who's wrong here (besides me, the bad bad bad user who doesn't want
> ipv6 support) ...

May I ask why? If you don't use IPv6 you can build a kernel without
IPv6 support. Applications will automatically pick IPv4.

> ... - the build system or the package checks ?

Neither, your system configuration is just broken.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler