Subject: Re: xfig problems (modular xorg-related?)
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 09/11/2007 18:36:25

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:57:20 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > > Ah, yes; here it is:
> > >

> > OK, the patch works for me with modular xorg; thanks.  The question
> > is whether this is a patch that should be fed back upstream to the
> > xfig folks or to the xorg folks, or if it should be in our xorg
> > patch directory.
> This patch for xc/lib/Xaw3d/SmeLine.c is not for As far as I
> can tell, it doesn't match up with's lib/libXaw/src/SmeLine.c.

I've attached the patch I used (via localpatches) to recompile
x11/Xaw3d, which in turn makes xfig work.  (I thought that that
directory was part of xorg, but pkgdepgraph suggests not -- all that
uses it on my system are gv and xfig.)
> The FTP server only provides Xaw3d via its contrib directory.
> As far as I know, the original Xaw3d author/developer doesn't work on
> it for several years and, sadly, it seems the more recent maintainer
> passed away. The last release was four years ago.
> Please just add that patch to /pkgsrc/x11/Xaw3d/patches/.

Will do.
> By the why, what about building pkgsrc/graphics/xfig with:
> XAW_TYPE=standard or XAW_TYPE=xpm?
My X11 clue is minimal at best; I not only didn't know I could do that,
I have no idea what those options mean...

		--Steve Bellovin,