Subject: Re: libXrender broken also.[SEC = UNCLASSIFIED]
To: Paul (NCC/CS.) <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/27/2007 09:09:50
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Paul (NCC/CS.) wrote:

> but as for -lpopt, JC Reed seems to think that I have to have
> X11=modular for this?
> which I still don't understand.

Sorry. I never replied to your "cannot find -lpopt". I never said that.

As for your libXrender: it uses pkg-config .pc files but your native X11
doesn't seem to provide them. It is not your fault. Nobody has volunteered
to write or improve files to help this.

That's why I hinted that we need to have a more clear error message about

Or another idea is to force "modular" if you are trying to build a modular
package -- or have a PKG_FAIL_REASON saying that "modular" X11_TYPE is

But that is not good for those who do have native X11 that is good enough
(i.e. it provides the .pc files).