Subject: Re: modular-xorg-server vs xsrc clients+libraries
To: None <>
From: Geert Hendrickx <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/24/2007 15:52:21
On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 03:01:27PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> The modular Xorg version is quite a bit newer and pkg-config friendly.
> has bothered enough to write the glue. I'm not sure that it
> is actually worth it as I strongly believe xsrc will phase out.

I understand that, but I first want to verify that my hardware works (better)
with modular-xorg-server before rebuilding everything.  Since X was designed
such that server and client/libraries are independent, it should be possible
somehow.  In the worst case I'll build and install modular-xorg-server with a
different PREFIX and PKG_DBDIR and keep my current PREFIX as is.