Subject: Re: xorg regression?
To: None <pkgsrc-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/21/2007 09:06:16
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Alan Barrett wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> > Even more NetBSD support has been ripped out of 1.3.99.0
>
> Do you mean "The Xorg people are deliberately removing NetBSD support
> from Xorg"?  Why would they do that?
>
> Baffled,
> --apb (Alan Barrett)

Not specific to NetBSD. Just some platforms are not tested on commits and
others have to go back and re-add removed support. (I submitted bug
reports when I notice, but it seems like they are ignored.) For example
with the "input-hotplug" addition/changes, it took a week for parts of it
to be fixed on FreeBSD and six months for OpenBSD.

Now looking through git commit logs, I see now at least three NetBSD
developers. So that is good. (There is also at least one OpenBSD and one
FreeBSD developer also.)

  Jeremy C. Reed