Subject: Re: xorg regression?
To: Sverre Froyen <>
From: Blair Sadewitz <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/21/2007 00:19:03
Even more NetBSD support has been ripped out of; Matthieu
Herrb just committed a patch of mine to bring back NetBSD support in

wip/modular-xorg-server revision nb2 works fine for me (and [most]
others that I've spoken to).  Don't use the newer ones yet; I have
some more things to fix and have been short on time.

Note that you'll need to use wip/xf86-input-keyboard with that server.
 Additionally, all other drivers you build need to include wip/pixman,
so use the wip packages' or otherwise include pixman.

Also, FWIW, there's an alternative wscons mouse driver in
wip/openbsd-input-ws that works with both the old and new Xinput ABI.
I find that it provides "smoother" mouse movement (increased
resolution).  It also might help if anyone has trouble using a certain
device with the usual mouse driver.