Subject: Re: HEADS UP: deprecation and removal of xorg 6.9
To: None <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/09/2007 17:00:45

Tobias Nygren wrote:
> Is anyone who is tracking pkgsrc-current still using xorg 6.9?

   Yes, but I've been meaning to switch to modular xorg soon.

> Upgrading from X11_TYPE=xorg to X11_TYPE=modular means that you must
> remove all xorg packages and those packages that depend on it. Also
> make sure that X11BASE is not set in mk.conf.
> Please let us know if you come across any problems when upgrading.

   What's the easiest way to upgrade? Hmm.. That's a pretty stupid
question, since you just wrote that. But what I actually want to know is
what the best way to "start from scratch" is. If I want to remove all
packages which in any way depend on xorg, how would I go about doing
that? Or is it simpler to just remove all packages and start over?

   Also, there were some discussions about modular xorg storing
xorg.conf in /etc/X11 rather than /usr/pkg/etc/ (or whatever the pkg
base is set to). Are there changes to this behavior to be expected?

- --
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)