Subject: Re: (b)make replace is borken
To: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/09/2007 08:04:41
"Mark E. Perkins" <perkinsm@bway.net> writes:

I did just commit some changes, but after you updated.  Certainly please
update again so we're debugging head.  I did tons of make replaces last
night (via pkg_rolling-replace) and it was fine.

> -> pwd
> /usr/pkgsrc/devel/p5-Devel-Symdump
> -> bmake replace
> => Required installed package digest>=20010302: digest-20070803 found
> ===> Checking for vulnerabilities in p5-Devel-Symdump-2.0700
> ===> Replacing for p5-Devel-Symdump-2.0700
> WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
> => Becoming ``root'' to make su-replace (/usr/bin/sudo)
> Warning: no package matching p5-Devel-Symdump found
> ERROR: No packages to tarup identified!
> Usage: /usr/pkg/bin/pkg_tarup [-a] [-K pkg_dbdir] [-d pkgrepository] [-s
> pkg_sufx] installed_pkg|pattern [...]
> The following environment variables are used:
>  (unless overriden by command line parameters)
>  PKGREPOSITORY - A destination directory for packages (/tmp)
>  PKG_DBDIR     - The location of the package database directory
>  PKG_SUFX      - The suffix to append to the package (.tgz)
> *** Error code 1

I think you are hitting a bug that's been there for a few weeks.
Basically my experience is:

$ make replace
will su/sudo to do part of the replace, but not do all the steps

$ sudo make replace
will work

Is this how it is for you?