Subject: Re: Samba and Mac OS trouble
To: Zafer Aydogan <>
From: Joel CARNAT <>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/07/2007 12:43:17

I add issues with file copying that took ages.
Only with MacOS X clients (Windows XP clients were OK) and NetBSD server.

I found this doc
and applied the following recommendation:
Tuning the TCP stack under Mac OS X by setting the kernel parameter
“net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack” to zero fixes this problem.

This solved my problem - every files where copied at a full 100Mbits rate.

Hope it helps,