Subject: Re: README.html: cannot find vulnerability list
To: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/06/2007 13:02:03
David Lord wrote:
..
> Here I find that audit-packages man page gives flags such as -V and
> more importantly -Q varname, but the audit-packages script itself
> both here and also as checked on ftp.NetBSD.org doesn't include use
> of those flags. The -Q option is used in make readme scripts. I've
> emailed Adrian with debug output etc.
>
> David

Hi David,

Just to clarify there are two versions of audit-packages.  Up until
pkg_install-20070714 there was only the security/audit-packages package.
 As of pkg_install-20070714 audit-packages was re-written and merged
into the pkgtools/pkg_install package.  If you're running
pkg_install>=20070714 you should not have security/audit-packages
installed.  There was already a CONFLICTS line in pkgtools/pkg_install
to prevent this and I've also recently added a mirrored line in
security/audit-packages to prevent this from happening.

adrian.