Subject: Re: Getting started with modular xorg
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 08/05/2007 22:36:18
Well, what I meant is "should I add more options to its options.mk".
The last time I tried it with xaw.buildlink3.mk, it didn't link to it.
 I'll have to look into why.  At the very least, we should add an
"--enable-toolbar" option IMHO.

BTW, wip/modular-xorg-server is working very well (NetBSD/i386).  If
you wish to try it, see the commit message for relevant issues.  It's
worthy of mention that the bcopy patch in that package indeed does
increase performance significantly.

I'm starting to work on updating the MesaLib packages for 7.0.1.
What's your opinion on how I should integrate NetBSD DRI support?
Will we support DRI for other platforms?  It's been suggested that
libGL be split out into its own package.  If you have any comments on
wip/MesaLib-dri (or wip/modular-xorg-server), please let me know.
Nearly all of the subst cruft--as well as other redundancies--will be
eliminated in the final package; that's just for testing.

Regards,

--Blair