Subject: Re: configure options
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.sieben@kh-22.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/30/2007 10:42:50
mortee wrote:

> I'm wondering what's the best/preferred way to pass options like
> "--enable-sysvsem" to the configure process of a package (namely
> lang/php5), when I build using pkgsrc. I know there's PKG_OPTIONS.php,
> but it doesn't cover the feature I'm looking for.

The "OPTIONS" part in PKG_OPTIONS.php refers to special pkgsrc options
(see chapter 5.5 in the pkgsrc guide).
Try
  $ make show-options

in any package directory to see whether it supports any options.

Those pkgsrc options often, but not always, correspond to some configure
options like "--enable-sysvsem".

If you want to build a package with such configure options you must
change the pkgsrc Makefile:

  CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --enable-sysvsem

If this works for you, you can either add an appropriate pkgsrc option
yourself (see chapter 15 of the pkgsrc guide) and submit a patch or
request an enhancement for the package in a problem report.

ciao
     Klaus