Subject: Re[2]: gd, locales, special characters
To: None <pkgsrc-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <netbsd-users@rmroppert.de>
List: pkgsrc-users
Date: 06/28/2007 09:40:28
Hello

am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007 um 20:28 Matthias schrieb:

> Can you double-check the gd version? There is a note in the changelog:

> Version 2.0.32 restores correct detection of Unicode character sets
> for freetype fonts, which repairs a bug that prevented umlauts from
> displaying properly.

> For me, umlauts in gnuplot/png/arial.ttf display fine (with
> current pkgsrc, gd is at 2.0.35).

The gd Version is 2.0.34.

I found out, if i seperate the characters with blanks, the picture
with text renders. Without blanks its the old problem.
look at: http://heisenberg.rmroppert.com/test/gd_test.php

###
setlocale(LC_CTYPE,'de_DE.ISO8859-1');
DEFINE("TTF_TEXT","mit leerzeichen: =E4 =FC =F6 xx =C4 =DC =D6 =DF ohne lee=
rzeichen =E4=FC=F6xx=C4=DC=D6");
$im =3D imagecreate (1810, 100);
imagettftext ($im, 30, 0, 10, 40, $black, TTF_DIR.TTF_FONTFILE,TTF_TEXT);

header ("Content-type: image/png");
imagepng ($im);
#####

Best regards
Reinhold

I wrote this mail twice to the list, because it is not displayed the
first time.

--=20
R.M.Roppert